Saturday, August 15, 2009

Hot Cockpit

As you may have guessed, I have been pretty busy lately. We have had a high turn-over rate of pilots, which means those of us left have to pick up the slack. In addition to this, I have been appointed as the scheduler (I fill in the names for the flight schedule) and I took and passed a Unit Trainer (UT) check ride. So I now fly with newer guys and teach them our mission.

As we flew over Iraq yesterday the temperature in the airplane rose steadily. Since we wanted to continue our mission, we elected to open our side vent windows to try to cool it down. After we landed, our maintenance people determined that the aft blower for our air conditioning had seized up on us and they proceeded to replace it. Here is a quick video of us flying at 150 mph with the windows open. Sorry about the sound, it was a little noisy.

5 comments:

  1. That was amazing. Not that the ac was out, but the video of getting to see you in action.

    Im glad that there was a good grip on that camera when it left the aircraft!

    Praying for you daily my brother.

    Love and Prayers,

    Tim, Carey, Taylor, and Will

    P.S. This is the second time I have left a comment so hopefully it goes thru this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool Jason! Well...I mean that is so hot Jason...whatever! Thinking of you buddy!
    Tiff Nevil

    ReplyDelete
  3. How neat, honey! Thanks for telling me to check your blog for it. It's been such a long time since either one of us has posted. What's up with that? Geez, it's like we prayed for God to keep us busy so the days zoom by. I think it's working, how bout' you?

    Miss you more than words can say.
    XOXOXOXO
    Your Tiff :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! Awesome mi amigo!! Thanks for that peek into what you do for us. Looking forward to the TRIP in Dec. Praying for you.
    Love, Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Brother!

    Just wanted to let you know I am thinking about you today. Much love and many prayers!

    Tim

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a minute to jot a note of encouragement. God Bless.